Friday, September 15, 2006

Super Brianna!

Brianna is kind of taken with the idea of superheroes right now. (Yes, the TV's influence again. We really don't watch that much though, I swear!) Sometimes she'll get one of her "magic" wands from her dress-up drawer, wave it around and say, "I'm a superhero!" Well this morning there was a superhero theme on Dora the Explorer. (Mornings are the main time Bree watches TV. I nurse my coffe and try to keep my eyelids open while she jumps all around like a bunny, runs around the coffee table, squirms all over the couch, "eats" her cereal but mostly gets it everywhere but her mouth, and occasionally pauses to watch her cartoons on in the background. You get the picture, anyways...) So, after watching the "Supermap" on Dora a few minutes Bree threw her hands up in the air and said "I'm Super Brianna!" Her daddy heard her say it and he said, "Well, if you're Super Brianna you need a cape." A few minutes later Bree was running around the room, still in her pajamas but with a pink blanket flapping behind her, clamped around her shoulders with one of my hair claws used as a fastener. She spent the rest of the morning being a pajamaed superhero and doing important superhero stuff like blowing bubbles, stacking blocks, and making red monkeys hang in a chain. Yup, a superhero's work is never done...

No comments: