Monday, September 18, 2006

A Big Girl Bed? Er, Maybe Not

Several of Brianna's friends who are around her age have long since been out of their cribs and are sleeping in toddler beds. Although Bree's bed converts to a toddler bed pretty easily, personally, I haven't felt ready to deal with that yet. I could just picture her trying to play with all of her toys in the dark, then bonking and hurting herself. That, or her pounding on her bedroom door and screaming to come out. Nope, I just didn't want to deal with any of that. But today Travis got it into his head that now was the time to make the move. So, he took the front rail off the crib and presto chango! toddler bed. Brianna thought it was pretty neat. She had fun climbing in and out and jumping up and down on the "new" bed. Then came bed time. I nervously kissed her goodnight and left the room holding my breath. Sure enough, 5 seconds later she was wailing in there. "Your problem," I informed Travis. He went back in and I overheard Bree saying, "Daddy, I want to sleep in my crib!" "Well, this is a big girl bed, let's just try it out huh?" her daddy told her. (By this time I had wandered back into the room.) Brianna thought about it a minute, then she pointed to the front railing of her crib, (which Trav had stuck next to the wall, behind her crib), and said "Daddy, put that back on, sleep in my crib!" Well, there was no questioning that one. Shortly thereafter the front of the crib was hooked back on. Bree bounced up and down a minute then quickly laid down and was zonked out in 5 minutes... Guess I wasn't the only one who wasn't ready to give up one of the last pieces of Brianna's babyhood.

No comments: