Tuesday, September 12, 2006

Some Itchy Bumps

The past few days Brianna has developed 5-6 itchy, red bumps on her torso. They’ve been getting bigger and redder so, this morning I took her into the doctor to get his opinion about them. (Turns out he thinks they’re some kind of bug bite…she’s taking Benadryl and using Calamine lotion to get better.) To prepare her for her visit, I told her we were going to take her to see the doctor, who’s a really nice guy, and he was going to look at her bumps and make them better. Apparently she was paying close attention to this part because while we were checking in she told the receptionist, “I have bumps, going see the dokker.” Then, as we were walking towards the children’s waiting area she told a random guy sitting around waiting for his appointment, “The dokker’s going to look at my bumps and make them feel better.” Once we got inside the office, our nurse said to Brianna, “So, I hear you have some bumps.” “Yep I do!” replied Bree. (They obviously don’t bother her much though huh?) The nurse was quite amused and then kind of impressed as Bree continued to chatter on to her for awhile. “Wow. She talks a lot!” the nurse said. (It always kind of surprises me when people say that though, it’s just normal for us… and her being my first and only, I have no idea what the “regular” amount of talking at this age is. Anyways….) Finally, when the long awaited moment came and our “dokker” came through the door Brianna pulled up her shirt and said proudly, “See my bumps!”

No comments: