Saturday, September 09, 2006

Nostalgia

For the most part I've been amused and thrilled to watch Brianna turning into a little girl. I've enjoyed hearing the funny little things she says and seeing the sometimes odd way she interacts with and figures out her world. But, I guess the changes have been sneaking up on me a little at a time and suddenly in the last few days I've been a little nostalgic for the baby days....

The other when Bree "woke up" from her nap she was snuggly and still acting tired. So, I laid down with her on the couch and hoped she would go back to sleep. We ended up taking a little nap together...Bree actually slept a whole 'nother hour there. It made me think of the "old" days when she was younger. When she was nursing I would actually end up laying on the couch letting her nurse and nap and usually fall asleep myself. Although by the end I did get tired of having my chest on 24-hour call there was something to be said about the "forced" quality snuggle time it created. Not to mention it was good for me too. Made me just sit and be still and perhaps even take a nap, something I rarely do these days. Well, anyways, it was nice and made me miss the baby days when there was more snuggling, although the toddler days of craziness have their own charm too.

Then recently, as we often do, we found ourselves back at Medicine Lake Park near our apartment. As usual Travis took many cute pictures of Bree as she played, climbing, sliding, and swinging. But, there was one pic of her in the swing that looked so much like some of her earlier ones...I couldn't help but compare her with this time last year.

I guess it's inevitable, my baby is growing up!

No comments: