Saturday, September 16, 2006

Fruit "Candy"

Brianna has a sweet tooth. We've been having trouble lately getting her to want to eat any nutritious food at all. She especially loves fruit snacks. (I suppose it could be worse but those don't have much nutritional value themselves.) We get different "themed" treats each time we buy them. This time we have Shrek fruit treats. Bree'll say, "Mom, one donkey treat." (Some of the bags have pictures of Donkey, Shrek's buddy, on them.) Then she'll point her finger into the palm of her hand. "One donkey treat right now. Those are the choices," she'll inform me. (Tricky of her, trying to turn it around on me.)

Recently she's also discovered that she loves fruit roll ups too. Except, she calls them "fruit candy." "More fruit candy Mom?" she'll say...

This morning as I was putting on lip gloss Bree said, "I want lipstick too Mom!" "Okay," I told her and smeared a little lip gloss on her mouth. She was so happy, "Look at my lipstick!" Then, since we were both gussied up, we headed out for our morning fun with our play group. As I was carrying Bree to the car she suddenly looked at my lips and said, "Mom, you have fruit candy lips!" (I guess 'cause they were pink and shiny.) Then a pause "And I do too!" :)

No comments: