Friday, September 08, 2006

Leftover Soup (ya know, little o' this, little o' that)

On her gender identity kick still Bree declared tonight, "I'm a boy!" "I don't think so!" I told her. "Mom, I'm a tend (pretend) boy!" she informed me. Oh, how silly of me, I should have known!

Bree and Savannah quite frequently go play down at the apartment park play area. Every time they head off I say, "Ok, be safe and have a good time." This time as they left however Brianna beat me to the punch and said, "Bye, have a good time!"

I guess I must say actually a lot 'cause Brianna is now using that word quite frequently. (I know I seem to type "actually" fairly often here.) Wherever it came from though it's been quite amusing to hear Bree using the word when trying to make a point... IE: "Ack-shoo-ee it is raining outside Mom."

Although "concha" was a much loved nonsense word Bree used for popsicle, I think I have to say the "concha" days are gone. After Brianna's older pal, Savannah, heard Bree saying "concha" she said, "Why does she say that?" Then said "Bree, can you say pop-sick-kle?" Well, after much speech therapy from Savannah Bree has abandoned saying "concha" and has moved on to the much more grown up "pop-shua." (Popsicle is just still too hard to say correctly.)

No comments: