Saturday, July 01, 2006

Daddy Adoration

Well, I guess it's official that Brianna is a Daddy's girl. She had a serious case of Daddy worship today...

This morning as they were playing, well actually more like rough-housing (as Daddy's do), Travis was laying on the bed, holding Brianna up above him and then swooping her down to his face really fast and kissing her cheeks. Every time she thought he might be pausing Bree would say "Do try again Daddy!" This went on for some time until Trav began to get tired and he sat her down beside the bed. "Hold me Daddy! Daddy, hold me!" she demanded. So, he scooped her back up and held her above him. She hung there in anticipation and when the swooping and kissing weren't coming fast enough for her she said "Kiss me Daddy, kiss me!" It made me laugh and I told Trav he's a lucky man to have his daughter say "Hold me, kiss me!"

Then this afternoon three of us headed out for a walk at Parker Lake. We had fun spotting the fishes in the water, we saw several bunnies in the underbrush, and even a turtle. At one point we stopped at a little sandy beach area and were wading around. Travis started skipping rocks and earned Bree's admiration. She got in on the act by helping him count how many skips the rock did, (although, sometimes it was only two, or even one!) and she was soon joining him, grabbing up rocks with her chubby toddler fingers and "throwing" them by plopping them in the water all of a foot away.

Since Travis's birthday is tomorrow I asked him if he would like me to make him a whole big cake, or if he preferred cupcakes. Unfortunately, I forgot about Bree's party obsession and asked this while she was in the room. She immediately piped in with her vote "Ooh, cupcakes Daddy...Elmo cupcakes!" "Elmo cupcakes, huh?" he said "Well, all right then. Cupcakes." I guess they have a mutual admiration society going since he's obviously wrapped around her little pinky.

No comments: