Friday, June 30, 2006

Fisher Price Little People

Brianna is obsessed with the Fisher Price Little People toys. If you've never heard of those, they're these little plastic chubby kids that come with tiny settings like, a castle or playground. Bree calls them her "kids" ("Mom, come, play room, my kids!") and spends most of her playtime these days making them act out scenes on their little props. And, she got several new sets for her birthday, including a new playground set from Grandma Arlene that arrived in the mail today. (Great, more fuel for her "It's always my Birthday, it's my party, I'll cry if I want to" attitude!)Well, the new Little People set was an immediate hit. We couldn't get the toys out of the box fast enough. There were two new "kids" for Bree and a whole playground with a slide, merry-go-round, and a swing too. Needless to say she spent a large majority of the rest of the afternoon making the kids play on their park. They went down the slide a lot and she was making them say "Whee!" and everything. (They appeared to be having fun too. Of course, that could be due to the fact that their plastic smiles are permanent? Just a guess.) It's been funny to see her getting more and more into pretending as she plays, making her toys act out real-life situations. Here's hoping I don't see her "kids" acting real-life situations out by oh, I dunno, say squeezing out half a tube of finger paints, chasing the cat, or hiding a sippy cup of milk in an empty drawer in some sort of making cheese experiment. I mean, she's super adorable, and I love her to pieces, but one kid with her energy, get-into-everythingness and toddler-sized ego is about all I can handle right now!

No comments: