Monday, July 03, 2006

Phunny New Phrases

Here are Brianna's latest catch phrases...

When she wants something now she's started saying "hand me" this or that. So, she'll say things like "Hand me chips please." And today when whe wanted a banana she said "Mom, hand me banas please." (Yes, she's growing up, she's moved on from calling bananas "balalalala" to "banas.")

Brianna has her moments when she really wants to be helpful. (Other times, not so much but...) Usually at times like that she'll do something she thinks is nice all on her own, like, pull a blanket over my toes or bring me the book I've been reading from my nightstand. Then she asks "Is that better?"

Whenever someone says "thank you" to Bree her response every time is "Hey, you're welcome." (That's because that's usually how her daddy says it to her.)

Becoming more and more aware of her own personal likes and dislikes, Brianna has started expressing her opinions about the food on her plate. If she finds something distasteful she'll say "I don't like it!" Actually, she says that a lot, even to food we know she likes!

Who knows what she'll say tomorrow? :)

1 comment:

Ranni said...

Oh man, my baby girl is 9 and back in that "I don't like this" stage, full throttle. She suddenly doesn't like meat and veggies anymore. 'Sigh.

We had grilled steaks tonight for the 4th, something she's *always* loved. Still, she wouldn't touch them as she doesn't like steak anymore. Oh wells....have fun with that. :)