Saturday, July 08, 2006

In Your Tummy?

So, since I had some bananas turning to mush as they sat on my counter I went ahead and made banana bread today. It was ready just in time for Bree's afternoon snack. I gave her a warm slice with melted butter and she happily dug in. In a few minutes there wasn't much left but a few little crumbles. Travis was sitting next to Brianna at the time so he grabbed a little piece up off her plate and ate it. Brianna said "Where'd my bread go?" "I ate it, it's in my tummy," her daddy told her. She thought about that for a second and then peeked down the front of his shirt. "Nope!" she declared, not seeing any bread there. "No," he said, "It's inside my tummy." She looked again and then said "Where's my bread? Where's my bread?" At this point she was starting to get upset about it. I pulled a little bit off the slice in my hand and gave that to her..."Here it is," I told her. She calmed down and happily ate the chunk. Well, ok, it was a little white lie but better than the upcoming tantrum storm I could see brewing. Hopefully, Daddy learned his lesson about it, or just so it's clear maybe I really do need to get the Toddler Rules T-shirt "What's mine is mine. What's yours is mine. If I've ever touched it, it's mine. If I was eating it and you thought I was done with what's left on my plate, it's STILL mine and you better not eat it yourself..."

No comments: