Tuesday, July 25, 2006

Are You a Girl, a Mouse, or a Monkey?

Well, Brianna and I are now officially visiting the Grammies, (and other relatives). She was actually a very good girl on the plane, I couldn't have asked for anything more from her. And, as usual, she's done great picking up where she left off with all her many grandparents, aunts and uncles. They've been pretty charmed by all her little "Bree-isms" and so forth.

Something they've been particularly amused by (and something that she hasn't done before)was her decision to change species the other day. While we were all sitting in the living room she just randomly declares, "I'm a mouse!" Her Grammy said "You're a mouse? I thought you were Brianna." "No, not 'Ranna...mouse," Bree told her. "Okay," Grammy said, "Well, what does a mouse say?" So Bree obligingly went "squeek, sqeek..." I wondered why she had ever even thought of that. (Maybe because Mickey Mouse is probably her favorite cartoon character right now?) I decided it had just been a passing odd thought for her but actually, later that day she did the same thing at her other grammy's house and told her grandparents "I'm a mouse!" She's said it several times since then without any warning. In fact, when she walks into the room now one of the grandparents or aunties or uncles usually says "Are you a mouse or Brianna right now?" And, depending on her mood she'll answer one or the other.

Since we've been here the other animal Bree's been particulary obsessed with is a monkey. This is because one of her grammy's got her a Curious George movie that she's watched probably 5 times over the last 2 days. "Watch George, watch George!" she says. In fact, I used that to my advantage this morning when Bree woke up and asked to have ice cream for breakfast. (She's had, oh I dunno, about 6 ice cream cones over the past few days and wants them morning, noon, and night. That and "concha's" (popsicles) both of which her grammies have been so happy to oblige in giving her...) Well, anyways, I, of course, said no ice cream for breakfast. But, I did manage to find a box of cereal in the pantry that had a picture of, yep, Curious George on the front. So, I told her they were "George snacks." After that she munched on them happily and was telling everyone. "Having George 'nacks breakfast!"

No comments: