Friday, July 07, 2006

Is That You Mom?

So, Travis has his 10 yr. high school reunion coming up next month, which has prompted me into a sort of self improvement kick the past few months. Actually, I've lost about 20 lbs, finally getting off the last of my "I had a baby" weight . (Yay me!) And, for the first time I feel okay enough with my body that I bought a bikini (no, it's not an itsy, bitsy, teeny, weeny, yellow or polka dotted bikini) and have even worn it in public. Bree, however has never seen me wear one so the other day when I put it on for the first time she took one look at me and said, "Nice underwears Mom." "No baby, this is a swimming suit," I told her. "Nope, underwears," she insisted. Well, they do look like underwear, I suppose.

The other big change about my appearance lately is I ditched the glasses for contacts again. I have a love/hate relationship with the darn things, but they do boost my confidence. Anyways, Brianna watched me put them in the other day and spent half that day walking around, poking herself in the eye and going "Ranna, con-tacks too!"

No comments: