Wednesday, July 12, 2006

Ready, Set, Accessorize!

Brianna goes through phases where she just feels the need to accessorize heavily. She’s having another one of those phases this week. She literally won’t step foot outside the house without having a purse, a necklace on, and sometimes, wearing a hat. (I don’t know where it comes from actually. Generally, the only jewelry I wear is my wedding ring and I never carry a purse ‘cause I’ll just lose it. I shove my credit card and license straight into the ole’ back pocket. I guess this is a case of nature more than nurture. Whew..this is getting to be one long aside…) The thing is, she’s not only into her own accessories, she’s also very concerned with everyone else’s too. She practically has a melt down if I try to leave the house without “my” diaper bag, even if we’re just crossing the hall to take the garbage out. And, she’s seen her Daddy with his camera backpack strapped on so many times that she has to make sure he’s got that on as well. As soon as we mention leaving to go anywhere she’s calling out “Need Mommy’s diaper bag! Daddy, camera?” Then today she also had to make sure Daddy had a hat. “Daddy, need this? Yes, do need this!” she said, bringing him his baseball cap. Then it was “Ranna need hat too!” Finally, we were ready…me with my diaper bag, Daddy with a hat and camera, and Bree with her 2 purses, pink sun hat, and blue bead necklace.

Cause she is living in a material world and she is a material girl!

No comments: