Tuesday, July 11, 2006

Concha Means Popsicle (Duh!)

Overall, I think Bree is a very verbal little kid. She says a lot of words and most of them are correct and pretty clearly understandable as well. But, like any toddler she has some special made up words that only mean something to her, well, and me I guess. Once of those is “concha.” I have no idea how this came about but when she says it she means she wants a popsicle. Granted, popsicle is kind of a hard word, but that sounds nothing like it. For a while there she was referring to popsicles as “colors” since they usually come in a rainbow of colors but now… “concha.” Take today’s conversation:

Bree: “Mom, concha!”
Me: “You want a popsicle? Well, I’m sorry baby we don’t have any. They’re all gone.”
Bree: “Mom, say please.”
Me: “That’s so nice that you said please Bree but we just don’t have any, I forgot to buy some.”
Bree: “Oh man!” (She’s never said that before, took me totally by surprise and made me smile.)
Me: “Yeah sorry, we’ll get some next time.”
Bree: “Oh man!”

Yeah, having no popsicles in summer is a total bummer….Oh man!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Well, I have to say after I read this again I had to fix it 'cause I noticed several typos, (how embarassing)! Although I do take some liberties with um, run on sentences and punctuation I do try to at least spell things correctly and make the posts read-able (is that an actual word?) I think I was extra tired at the time and didn't proof read as well as I should. So, since I'm slightly neurotic about that stuff could everyone do me a favor and re-read this post and/or pretend you never saw the errors? And, in the future, I will do better!