Friday, July 21, 2006

Five Alarm Nap Time

So, usually whenever Bree goes down for her nap I'm creeping around the apartment trying not to make too much noise. Partly because I want her to get a good nap and also partially because I need that hour or hour and a half to get some things done around the house. And, half the time after she wakes up I'm convinced that it was something I did that woke her and then I go around feeling mommy guilt. But, today the apartment complex was "testing" the fire alarms. They set the stupid thing off every 10 minutes for over an hour starting, of course, about 5 minutes after I had laid Brianna down for her nap. After they'd set it off 3 times or so and I hadn't heard any terrified screaming coming from Bree's room I got worried and I decided to peek in there just to make sure she wasn't so scared she couldn't even make a noise. I glanced in there and saw she was actually just laying there. Of course, even though the alarms weren't waking her, she started to stir on hearing the door open. Miraculously, she managed to still get an hour's nap in. (Lucky for the people "testing" or else I would have had to murder one of them!) Anyways, I'm thinking maybe I won't be tip-toeing around the house during naptimes anymore...

No comments: