Friday, July 28, 2006

Two Going on Teenager

They say that kids grow up faster than ever these days. And, I guess it must be true... Yesterday Bree rode around with her Grammy Dee-Dee and I as we ran a few errands. We decided that it would be nice to drive thru someplace and get a Coke. Well, as we pulled up to order we heard Brianna saying from the backseat, "Um, fries, cheeseburger, ok?" So, we thought well if she's hungry we should get her a kids meal. Soon enough our food came and Bree dug into her fries, lemonade and cheeseburger as she sat in the carseat and we drove to our next destination. About 5 minutes after she started eating her daddy called me on the cell phone and asked to speak with her. I passed the phone back to her and she casually held it up to her ear and said "Hi Daddy!" As I looked back at her I had an odd sensation of looking into my future as Bree might be at say, 13 or so, sitting in the backseat, chowing down on fast food and chatting it up on the cell phone.

No comments: