Tuesday, July 18, 2006

Ice Cream and Fish Farts

Once again last evening we took off to buy ourselves a sinfully fattening dessert and take a walk at the park. Of course, before we could leave Bree was adamant about grabbing a purse and putting on a couple bracelets and a bright blue baseball hat that’s actually too small. (For some reason, she insists on wearing the baseball cap with the brim pulled down so far over her eyes she can’t actually see where she’s going.) Finally, after all her accessories were arranged she was ready to go. She and I went out the door first and at the last minute Travis decided he’d forgotten something and dashed back in to grab it. So, at that point Brianna yells, “Come on TRAV!” (I swear I have no idea where she’s heard that one before or why she used that particular inflection!)

Once we got settled into the car Brianna pipes up from the backseat, “See my hat. I’m so pretty…I’m so happy today!” Of course, she was even happier once we bought our ice cream. Then we headed over to Millennium Garden to take a walk. It’s a really gorgeous garden with all kinds of flowers, a butterfly garden and several Koi fish ponds. Bree loved staring into the ponds, trying to see the fish. One pond even had a little bubbling fountain thing in the middle. Upon seeing these bubbles though, she ran up to me and declared “Mom, fishy tooted!” (Well, come on, what do bubbles in the water usually mean??)

1 comment:

Ranni said...

Oh my! This made me laugh so hard! Fishy tooted...gotta remember that one, lol.