Monday, July 24, 2006

Dinner Out

We went out to dinner the other night when no one felt like cooking at our house. We ended up at this little pizza and pasta place. There was virtually no-one else there, except for one other little family in the corner. While we were waiting for our order to come to the table, the father at the other table burped. Brianna laughed hysterically and said "Guy tooted!" (Ah, yes, bodily funtion humor and the toddler...hand in hand!) Then Bree noticed she could hear some of the sound coming from the kitchen. "Noisy, noisy," she said, "Loud. Be quiet! Shhhh..." When our food arrived Bree happily set to demolishing what was on her plate. In fact, after she was done with hers she started eating off my plate as well. When I started getting full and slowing down she picked up one of my noodles and told me "Eat this!" "No, I'm getting full," I said. At that point she looked at me and then, still holding the noodle, started making big circles in the air and going "Numma, numma, numma." So, I obediently opened my mouth and ate the noodle. It was kind of hypnotic, I guess that trick works on adults too. Plus, I figured that she'd earned it...turn-about is fair play right?

No comments: