Thursday, July 20, 2006

A Snuggle Bunny

As I was preparing lunch today, Bree jumped up onto the couch and says, “Mom, watch Tom and Jerry and ‘nuggle (snuggle) me?” (We recently checked a Tom and Jerry DVD out from the library since Travis and I could both remember watching it as kids and thought it might be nice. But, it’s so horrible! I didn’t remember it being such a violent show. The cat and mouse are hitting and kicking and beating each other up…as humor! Not ideal for a kid whose been thinking it might be funny to hit their mom. Anyways…) Choice of shows aside, I thought that was the nicest sounding offer I’ve had in awhile. So, I left the fish sticks to bake in the oven, sneakily convinced Brianna she wanted to watch Veggie Tales instead, and snuggled up to her on the couch for a few minutes. Soon enough the timer went off for the fish sticks and we went on with our day and I thought her snuggly mood was over. But, just before nap time as we were reading a story about families there was a picture of a kid hugging his mom. I said “Hey, look at that kid, he’s hugging his mom!” (I really wasn’t fishing for a hug, either, promise!) This gave Bree an idea and she got closer to me, stared me in the face and I noticed the smallest sensation of butterfly wings on my shoulder. Then I realized she was patting my back. “Are you giving me a hug?” I asked her. She giggled as an answer…

Aww...After all that love I’m just full of warm fuzzies today!

No comments: