Sunday, January 28, 2007

Tylenol Addict

Actually it's been quite a while since we've needed to use Tylenol on a regular basis with Bree. She's been pretty healthy for the past few months. However, the other night she woke up at 11:30 and was just inconsolable for about a half hour. We had no idea what was wrong and were trying everything we could think of. She was so upset she couldn't even stop bawling to answer our questions if something was hurting or what. So, in an effort to at least rule out pain I told her I wanted to give her some Tylenol to make her feel better. At that time, she wanted no part of it and just cried harder and thrashed around when I tried to give her some. (We finally had to get her out of bed, snuggle on the couch and read a few books together to calm her down. I think maybe it was a scary dream or something??) Anyways, ever since that late night offering of Tylenol I guess Bree has become convinced that she really needs some. For the last 2 or 3 morning since that incident she's woken up and first thing said, "I have a headache. I need some Tysenol (Tylenol)." "What? You need some Tylenol?" we asked her. "Yeah, I have the hiccups so I need Tysenol," she said. Uh-huh. Notice she changed her reason for needed it in there. "Well, if you can't even decide WHY it is you need Tylenol then you can't have some," we told her. She seemed to accept that but every now and then she'll just suddenly ask for Tylenol....I don't know what that's about.

No comments: