Tuesday, January 02, 2007

Hi, I'm Jim!

Well, Brianna's obsession with Muppet's Treasure Island continues. She has to listen to the soundtrack 3 or 4 times a day and asks to watch the movie at least once a day. This obsession has even spilled into her pretend play, which is a big part of her play these days. She's now started referring to her daddy as "Pirate" and herself as "Jim." (The main character of Treasure Island, Jim Hawkins.) So, she'll say things like, "Hey Pirate, would you help me with my toy." etc. This is usually followed by the clarifying statement, "I'm Jim. You're Pirate and I'm Jim!" I suppose this is all fine and dandy except for the fact that Bree is a girl and all and I'm pretty sure one of these days when someone asks her what her name is she's going to introduce herself as Jim. Which, would either mean that we are pretty progressive parents, or that we were both very confused when we named her. Oh well, at least it's sparked her imagination...now just how to explain to her that she can't actually decide to become a pirate for her career when she's older...I guess that's a problem for another day though.

No comments: