Monday, January 22, 2007

One Little Sister To Go Please!

Another day visiting with Grammy Dee-Dee and today Brianna took her down to the apartment swimming pool, leaving me with a little time to myself. Bree was more than happy to have Grammy all to herself and they happily headed off down the hall...

Then, about an hour later, here they came back, wet and happy. They had a great time swimming and told me all about the new friend Brianna had made there, a 5 year old named Madison. Apparently, Bree just talked Madison's ear off and was excited to make a new friend. "And guess what else Mom? Madison had a little sister!" Grammy told me, winking at me. "Really?!" I said. (We haven't actually talked in great detail yet with Bree about her upcoming sibling...we're waiting to get real in depth until it won't be too long of a wait for her to deal with and she can see for herself that something has changed about her mom.) "Yep, and Brianna, did Madison like her little sister?" Grammy prompted. "She did!" answered Bree, "She likes to kiss her!" Then, sowing the psychological seeds for our upcoming sibling Grammy went on, "Yeah, it can be fun to have a little sister. Would you like a little sister someday Bree?" Bree nodded her head, "I would!" she said. And, since we don't know the sex of the baby yet Grammy also asked, "What about a little brother, would that be nice?" Bree thought about it for a moment and said, "How 'bout a little sister?" Which, had us all laughing of course. But meanwhile, I'm kind of thinking well great! I had thought she was too little to really prefer one kind of sibling or another. But, knowing my little outgoing and opinionated gal I should have known better.... So, did you hear that God? One order for a little sister please!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Haha! Well I guess God didn't hear that order. :)