Wednesday, January 24, 2007

Bye Grammy!

Well, I guess all good things must come to an end and so did Grammy Dee-Dee's visit. We had a great time with her! She was here for 6 whole days and we filled them up with indoor park visits, swimming, sledding, shopping, library time, completing a 750 piece puzzle, lots of toddler playtime, and naturally, plenty of funny, one-liner Bree-isms...like the time Grammy was headed to take a bath and walked past with her razor in her hand and Bree asked her, "Are you going to shave my legs?" :) Yep, we wore her out something good and then drove her to the airport late yesterday afternoon. Bree actually handled it pretty well overall. We had been talking about it all day and Grammy and her had even acted it out a few times on the dollhouse in preparation. Of course, everytime we mentioned it during the day Bree would say, "Okay, Grammy can go back to Idaho...in just a few more minutes okay?" And, for most of the day we'd just smile and say, "Okay a few more minutes but she has to leave today." Finally it was time and there we were kissing her goodbye. Bree did great and didn't shed a tear at all...then. It was only after we started to walk back to the car minus Grammy that Bree asked, "Where's Grammy?" After some discussion about it Bree finally said, "Oh man! I miss my friend Grammy!" "I know," I said, "I do too. It's a little sad but we'll talk to her on the phone a lot and we'll see her again soon." She accepted this explanation but several times throughout the rest of the evening she would tell us, "I'm kinda sad about my friend Grammy. I miss my friend Grammy." Aw, poor kid. Good thing we get to see our Grammies pretty often for living as far away as we do.

We already miss you Grammy! Until next time....

No comments: