Tuesday, January 23, 2007

Super 'Ranna!

For Christmas I got Travis a T-shirt with the Superman "S" on the front of it. Today, he wore it for the first time. Of course, not one to pass up on a corny little display of male-pride, after he put it on this morning he put a button down shirt over it, strolled into Bree's bedroom (where me, Grammy, and Bree were playing) and asked, "Does this shirt look okay?" "It's nice," my mom said. "Yeah it's fine," I added, "But did you know it's buttoned crooked?" I asked. "Oh really?" he asked innocently. Then he unbottoned it and held it open to reveal his Superman "S" under there. While my mom and I laughed Bree said, "What's that Dad?" "It means I'm a Super-Dad!" he told her.... A few minutes later he was headed out the door for work. "Bye everyone!" he called out. "Bye SuperDad!" Brianna said. Actually throughout the rest of the morning she referred to Travis as SuperDad. Well, this gave Grammy Dee-Dee an idea and after naptime she asked Bree, "Brianna, I have an idea. Would you like to have your own super shirt, like Daddy, and then you can match and you'd be Super Brianna?" Bree LOVED this idea and off we headed to the nearest store to find a "super shirt." Half an hour and a browse through the boys toddler section later, we found a Superman shirt. "A super shirt!" Bree exclaimed. So it was that a few hours later when Travis walked back through the door after work that a tiny Super Bree ran up to him and said, "SuperDad, look at me! Look at my super shirt!"

No comments: