Wednesday, January 03, 2007

Angel

Today Brianna wore her shirt that says "Angel" across the front of it and it reminded me of a funny little incident that happened in Idaho that I'd forgotten about...

It just so happens that she was wearing that same shirt the day we flew into Idaho. (Perhaps because I was trying to subliminally will her into really acting like an angel on the plane? But, yeah right.) And, since it's a relatively new shirt for us neither of the Grandma's had seen it yet. So, of course, one of the first things they said to Bree when we finally met them at the airport is, "Angel...Are you an angel?" To which Brianna very solemnly responded, "No, I'm NOT an angel." This made us all laugh and I think I said something along the lines of, "Well, at least she knows it!" Brianna's story had changed by the end of our visit though. On one of the last days we were there she ended up wearing her "Angel" shirt again. I think hoping for a repeat performance from before, one of the Grammies asked her, "Are you an angel?" And this time around Bree nodded and said, "Yes I am!" Well, I say depending on the day that's a matter of debate. Although she does try to be a very good girl most days.

No comments: