Friday, January 05, 2007

A Pic-Mic

Yesterday out of the blue, Brianna walked up to me and said, “Hey Mom, I wanna have a pic-mic (picnic) with sam-whiches (sandwiches) okay?” It was the cutest thing…and I think has something to do with the fact that one of her favorite books lately is the Berenstein Bears Picnic. So, I spread a plaid blanket out in the middle of her room and fixed her a plate with a PB & J sandwich, pretzels, raisins, and a few mandarin oranges. And, she happily sat down and had her little snack. After a few minutes of munching she declared, “This is the perfect pic-mic spot!” (Just like Papa Bear says in the book.) It amused her and I thought it was a wonderful winter activity. Apparently so did she because today around the same time of day she strolled up to me and asked to have another pic-mic. We’ll see about tomorrow, but if it sticks it’s a tradition I know I can look forward to each day.

No comments: