Friday, January 12, 2007

James

Okay so, maybe it's weird but I have a habit of sometimes calling my husband "James" even though his name is Travis. (Well, technically his name is Roger but that's another story.) See, its just that in the movies the rich people usually have an English butler named James or Jeeves or something like that. So, whenever I want Travis to wait on me, bring me something, or otherwise serve me in some way I teasingly refer to him as James (the butler). And he knows that whenever I call him James I'm about to ask him for a favor. It just so happens that I also have a cousin named James. This is not to imply that I think my cousin James is destined to butlerhood. He's a very intelligent guy and I'm sure he'll have a very stellar career in whatever direction he chooses. But, I have to say if he chooses to have a stellar career as a butler, I'll probably have a good laugh at the irony. But anyways... Well, tonight Bree and I were hanging out in one room and Travis was in another when suddenly, I decided I was thirsty. Taking full advantage of the "poor me" pregnancy card I called out ever so sweetly, "James, oh James! We're thirsty in here! Can we have a drink of water?" At this point Brianna looked at me funny and told me, "It's NOT James, it's just Daddy. James is with Grape Grammy!" ('Cause pretty much every time she's seen her cousin James it's been at her Great Grammy's house.) I guess the whole "AKA" concept is a little over Brianna's head at this point...although, she does insist that SHE has several names herself after all. But, perhaps I should refrain from calling her father by other mens' names for now to cut down on any confusion. :)

No comments: