Thursday, January 11, 2007

Chill Out

Okay so, I'll admit it...my apartment lately has been slightly...messy. Actually that's putting it mildy. I've really found this whole pregnancy thing kind of draining and I've let my cleaning really slide. So the end result is that you can't really walk 2 steps in any direction right now without running into a pile of stuff. That's what happened to Bree this morning. We were getting ready to head out and spend the morning with some friends when, as I was putting my coat on I heard a thump and I knew she'd gone down. "Are you okay?" I asked. She came around the corner and said, "Yeah, I just fell down. Chill out Mom!" "You chill out!" I told her. "Mom, you chill out. Let's both chill out." This is another new phrase for her and it made me laugh to hear her say it, although, had I not responded to her falling she probably would have burst into tears, had her feelings hurt, and demanded a kiss. Motherhood...I'm finding that quite often it's kind of a no-win role. But, then there are the times when your kid gives you a hug or tells you they love you, (man it's great when they're finally old enough to say that back!) and it's all worth it...mostly. ;)

No comments: