Wednesday, January 10, 2007

Dangerous Buns and a Hooker

Suggestive title eh?! Well, it's really not that bad you'll see....

As I've mentioned before, Bree is going through a fascination with pirates phase, perhaps it's kind of different for a toddler to be into pirates, I don't know but there you have it, pirates are cool right now. (Hmmm..let's see. So far she's into pirates and Buzz Lightyear. You think I might have a little Tomboy on my hands here?) :) So, when I heard that the Dollar Spot at Target had little pirate accesories of course Bree and I had to go check it out. Sure enough, they had some great pirate stuff. I'm not sure if I should really be encouraging this particular interest but by the time we left Brianna had a new little treasure chest, pirate hat, and plastic pirate ship with skull and crossbones flags. She was so excited about them that she almost didn't even take a nap. Then she spent all day playing with her new pirate accesories, her "chip" (ship), and her treasure chest complete with a tiny "hooker" (Which is apparently her term for a lock. Yep, that could be cause for some social embarassment later. Note to self, don't let Bree see a lock when in public.) No matter how many times I told Bree it was a lock, she was still calling it a "hooker" because, after all, it hooks the lid to the rest of the treasure chest right? Wrong word, but inventive.

Then there's the dangerous buns. This story actually happened on a different day and really has nothing to do with the pirate toys, but ya know, I'm including to to have a better title up there. (Admit it, you were intrigued by it right?) Anyways, it was the other day when Bree was having her usual after-bath air it all out time. As usual, Trav and I were both smirking at her as she ran all around in the buff like a professional nudist. At one point she was sort of harassing her daddy a bit so in response he teasingly said, "Brianna, I'm gonna have to pinch your buns now." ('Cause they're the cutest little round nudy buns, it's hard NOT to pinch them as they run by sometimes.) But she said, "Daddy, you better not. They're dangerous." Now, I have no idea why she said that or what made her think to say it either. But, it worked, Travis laughed instead of pinching her buns.... Who knows? Brianna and her dangerous buns.

No comments: