Monday, January 15, 2007

How to Hypnotize the Pizza Guy

Along with my apartment being a lot less clean, one of the other "side effects" of this pregnancy quite often has been my refusal to cook dinner, instead leaving it up to Travis. This means we either eat hot dogs, scrambled eggs, or, more likely, the situation ends up in a take-out, drive-through, or delivery type dinners. Not that you'd ever hear Brianna complain. Nope, now on days when we're NOT eating out she'll suggest, "Mom, how 'bout we go get a cheeseburger?" It's actually kind of a sad state of affairs and I'm determined to turn it around and get back to the more healthy home-cooked type dinners. (Which will probably be getting easier now that I'm just out of my first trimester and should start feeling better, at least in the less barfing department.) Of course, this is one resolution I'm starting TOMORROW. Tonight we ordered pizza. (What?! One last time...gimme a break!) Predictably, Bree was quite distraught over this development, NOT. In fact, she was so happy to be having pizza for dinner that, when her Dad walked through the door, (normally an event that involves a lot of smiling, laughing, hugging and so forth), she said, "Aw..just Dad! Not the pizza guy." A few mintues later, our pizza guy did arrive and naturally, Bree ran over to say hi. While I signed the credit card slip she dazzled the poor 19 yr. old with non-stop, no getting a word in edgewise, verbal acrobatics..."Hi Pizza Guy! I like pizza. Do you like pizza? Pizza is good. Are you the wivery (delivery) guy? Do you wanna come in? Guess what? I have a really big puppy! (Her stuffed one.)" And so on and so forth. And keep in mind all this was blurted out in the 30 seconds so so it took me to take the pen and paper from him, sign my name, and hand it back. I'm sure that the guy didn't even catch most of it seeing as how she was talking so fast and, being a young single guy, he probably doesn't speak toddler-ese. Finally he said, "Cute kid," and took off. Poor guy, never knew what hit him.

No comments: