Tuesday, November 07, 2006

Weird Things I've Said Recently

So, on my mom's group online message board recently there's been this discussion about some of the totally odd things you find yourself saying as a mother. Things you probably never would have pictured yourself saying. Some of the things that the moms shared they've found coming out of their mouths lately were:

- "Why is there a dirty sock in my Tupperware drawer?"
- "Please get your tail out of your mouth." (The kid was a dog for Halloween.)
- "Mommy's tampons don't go in the toilet."
- "Don't put your socks in your poop!"
- "Does that comb taste good?"
- "Just where do you think you're going with all that oatmeal?"

It made me laugh so I'd thought I'd share a few of the completely strange things (when taken out of context) that I've had to say to Bree lately...

"No, monkey's can't come in the bathtub."
(After she tried to bring her new favorite friend, a stuffed monkey, into her bath.)

"All right! A poopy diaper! Give me a high five!"
(After she was having a little trouble going potty.)

"Eat some of your squirrel trees."
(Which is the odd but fun-for-Bree name we call broccoli and/or cauliflower..it's a long story. I'll tell ya later.)

"The cat is not a ride."
(That one needs no explanation!)

"Take that frog out of your mouth!"
(A rubber bath froggie..which is gross to chew on because if I don't keep up with bleaching the inside of it every so often it grows *stuff* inside there.)

"Bathwater is NOT a yummy drink!"

So..there you have it. Just a few of the totally strange things I find myself having to say during the course of our everyday life. :)

No comments: