Saturday, November 11, 2006

Kids Say the Darndest Things

Here's a short collection of some of the funny little things Bree's said over the last few days:

So, the toilets in my apartment have that horrible rust ring around the top, just under the lip of the seat. I really have tried to scrub it off..I've tried a variety of different products but all to no avail. Well, since they're technically not my toilets and we'll be moving here in the next months I've kind of just given up on the stains. I mean, I still clean my bathrooms just without spending a long time trying to get the rust ring off. Bree has observed me cleaning the bathrooms, or her own little potty, (yes, she's used it a few times lately hooray!), several times. And, being at a height where she can see directly into the toilets better than us adults, the whole rust stain thing was really disturbing to her. The other day when the toilet seat was up she pointed in there and said, "Mom, would you clean this? Mom, clean this up!"

For our afternoon project one day I had cut up some construction paper and then Brianna and I made a long paper chain. Bree thought it was pretty neat and I was showing her that she could hang it off her crib, etc. So, she took the chain, draped it over her stepping stool, looked over at me and said, "Mom, is that cool?" Already she's worried about being cool!

Then, this morning Bree spent quite some time playing happily with a few of those tiny pumpkins we still have sitting around from Halloween. She piled them all up near her and was talking to them and so on. At one point during the morning I squatted down next to her to ask her a question. But, before I could start talking to her she was reaching over for a pumpkin that was sitting below my knee, "Here pumpkin," she said, "Move or Mommy's gonna crush you!" Nice, I wasn't even touching it and I don't weigh that much! :)

No comments: