Friday, November 03, 2006

Popsicle Etiquette

Okay so I guess I've been complaining a bit about Brianna over the past few days. I mean, she's a joy in lots of ways and does keep me plenty entertained, but, it's also true, she's in a sort of difficult phase right now.(Yeah, did I mention she's 2?!) But, she really does try to do be a good girl too. Take, for example, the other day when she was eating a popsicle. I had given her one as an afternoon treat and, some time later when I didn't see her with it anymore I assumed she'd eaten it all. This was not the case however, as I found out when I discovered the popsicle, sitting on the coffee table in a puddle of melted green ooze. I had a moment of irritation, wondering how long it had been sitting there and if my coffee table would end up with yet another toddler war wound when I noticed that the popsicle was actually sitting on top of a coaster! (Although, the puddle had expanded onto the table as well but still...) In her own way, Bree WAS trying to do the right thing when she'd finished with her messy treat. How was she to know about melting and water stains? :)

No comments: