Thursday, November 30, 2006

Peas and Q's

Have you ever noticed that kids always want to eat their neighbor's snack instead of their own? Apparently, your friends' food is always much tastier than whatever your mom brought from home. Take the freeze-dried peas for example. Some weeks ago one of my friends had brought some freeze-dried peas for her son to snack on while we were out. Bree wanted to try them and thought they were great, she started popping them in like candies. "Wow, that's great!" I said, "If she'll just eat peas like that and like them then I really need to get some of those." So, about a week later I'd tracked down some of the same peas. Of course, once we owned them ourselves and they were an available item in our home, their stock immediately went down. In fact, I don't think I've been able to get Bree to eat any at all, our package is still as full as the day we bought it. Oh, she'll pretend she wants to eat some, fooling me into getting them out, but what she really does is pull them out and play with them, throw them around, make a mess, and this morning she even offered to sprinkle some into my breakfast cereal (I said no thanks), but she won't EAT them. Which, is somewhat infuriating to me....I mean, I decided she just didn't like them and have pretty much stopped trying to get her to eat them, or even bringing them in the diaper bag as a quick snack. But, the other day we were out with the same friend who had originally told us about the peas, and she had brought some in her diaper bag as a snack. What do you think happened? Yep, Bree ate them like candy for a few minutes. Geesh! Fickle kid! :)

No comments: