Monday, November 13, 2006

Baby Karaoke

During the day, or driving in the car, Brianna and I often listen to fun kiddy songs. It's a good way to pass the time when we're driving, or having a lazy afternoon, and we will dance or sing along to our favorites quite often. We've gotten several new CD's in the past few months so Bree's song repertiore is expanding. It's always funny to me when I realize that there's an extra little squeaky voice singing along from the back seat, sometimes to songs I didn't think she'd been paying attention to. Course, I find it even more amusing when she suddenly bursts into song at home when there's no music playing..like when she started singing "The Twist" or whenever she sings "The Muffin Man." It's just so sweet in her little baby voice, singing a happy song...

Her new favorite song lately is "10 in the Bed." She can't quite sing all the words intelligibly but it goes something like this, "(mumbling)...ten in bed...one said ROLL OVER, ROLL OVER! So,(mumbling)..one FELL OFF!" Usually at FELL OFF she'll let herself fall onto her little bottom quite hard. Of course, this song is most fun when being sung while jumping up and down vigorously on Mommy's bed (supervised of course) and then flopping over onto the mattress at the end. (The other great bed-jumping song naturally being, "Little Monkey's Jumping on the Bed.") She'll sing the 10 in the Bed song over and over and cry when I finally make her get down off the bed. It was especially amusing the other day when Bree was doing her usual bed-jumping routine but had added a little extra show by having Thomas, the blue kangaroo, join her. ('Cause he likes to jump.) Not only that but Thomas was sporting pig-tails even! (Bree had pulled the pony-tail holders out of her own hair and shoved them over Thomas's ears... which, happen to look a lot like pig-tails.) I didn't get any pix but here's some audio to go with your mental visual: 10 in the Bed

Another great song that Bree has actually never sung yet, but that I would just die laughing if she does, is a song about being a little nut. I think it would be funny to hear her say it for one because she does do a lot of nutty stuff and two because her daddy calls her nut as a pet name fairly often. So, I keep playing this one hoping she'll pick it up soon. I'll let you know if she does! Meanwhile, I can get it stuck in your head! I'm a Little Acorn

Okay, and just for fun, here's a great song that's ended up on one of Bree's mixed baby song CD's. It didn't come from a kids CD originally, and I'm not even sure if she's into this one but it's a good one to groove to! :) (Picture me bopping to this one in the car while Brianna stares at me from the back seat thinking, I'm sure, "Oh MOM!") Bongo Bong

No comments: