Tuesday, November 21, 2006

More Swimming

To take a break from our crazy lives lately Brianna and I met a few friends to go swimming this morning. We got moving a little slowly so I quickly packed up our stuff into the diaper bag and we rushed off to go have some fun. Of course, it was only after we got there that I realized out of the 4 bathing suits Bree owns I'd managed to grab the one that is permanently stained. Yup, after I wrangled her into her little suit and she turned her back to me I noticed it..the large, brown stain left over from a diaper runneth over situation...it hasn't come out even with multiple washings. Oh well, I thought. So, despite a somewhat embarrasing stain we went out to the pool and had fun wading, jumping off the side and so forth. After a few minutes in the water though, I noticed that Bree's stain was looking a little less obvious...I think maybe the chlorine was bleaching it out? I was hoping that no one else noticed it though in case they were feeling grossed out by a poop stain getting miraculously erased in the pool. But, a few minutes later I had completely forgotten about that when my little girl came up and snuggled on me, gave me a big hug and said, "I love you Mom!" Actually, she doesn't say that very often just out of the blue. So, I savored it and filed it away for later. After all, it's those kinds of moments that make the poop stain incidents and toddler tantrums fade away in the big picture.

No comments: