Friday, November 03, 2006

Remote Savy

You know what they about kids and technology these days...our kids know more about our computers and programming the TiVo than we do. Well, we're not quite at that point at our house yet. But, it was kind of a shocker for me to realize that Brianna totally knows how to work the remote control. I mean, she's had the power button figured out for a long time now, since it's the biggest button and blue instead of grey. However, she's now added a few other remote-control skills to her list of tricks. I found this out after I had set her up watching a parental approved DVD the other day. I like her to watch educational cartoons if possible, and preferable ones that are 15-30 minutes in length as opposed to a full-length feature film or something. So, I turned on a nice little show, set the remote down on an end table, and went around the corner to try and fold some laundry. When I came back into the room to check on her 5 minutes later though, I noticed that she was lounged on the couch actually flipping through the TV channels. This means she had grabbed the remote, knew which button to push to make it switch from the DVD player back to the TV, and then was navigating the up and down buttons quite successfully! I guess she must have been watching us very carefully for some time to figure that stuff out. Observant little monkey!

No comments: