Thursday, November 02, 2006

Stuff and Things

Apparently, Brianna has figured out that you can use the words "stuff" or "things" to mean pretty much anything. So, lately we've been having a lot of these type conversations:

Bree: "Hey, Mom, have you seen that stuffs?"
Me: "What stuff?"
Bree: "Mom, my stuffs, where is it?"
Me: "I don't know what you mean."
Bree: "Mom, those things."
Me: "Brianna, what things? What stuff?"
Bree: (Getting upset and whiny now.) "Mom! I need my stuffs!"

Sometimes I can wander around, randomly picking things up and guessing and get it right. Other times I ask her to show me and she'll say or do something to make it more clear. But, there are also quite a few instances when I really have no idea what she's talking about and we can go on like that for quite some time, much to both our frustration. And, I don't know where she's picked this up! I mean, really, the kid needs to be more specific about..things. She needs to start using the proper names for all her..stuff. Geesh! Guess figuring out the whole vague, handy-dandy use 'em in a pinch type words is a double-edged sword. Who knew that "stuff" could cause so much trouble eh?

No comments: