Friday, June 23, 2006

Look at Me!

Despite the fact that I thought I had put the fingerpaints away where Bree couldn't reach them, she of course managed to do just that. She must have stood on one of the little chairs in her room and been high enough to get the bottles down. I'm not quite sure how she did it but she did. She hadn't been in her room more than 5 minutes by herself (while her daddy and I finished up our dinner in the next room) when she comes running out of her room, with green fingerpaint all over her hands and shirt, going "Look at me! Look at me!" We jumped up and followed her back into her room where we saw she had managed to get all four colors down and had squirted about half the green bottle out onto the top of her table. (Green of course, one of her favorite colors! It was actually fairly contained for a painty mess, not to mention that I've learned since the whole crayon on the wall incident and now only buy completely stain-free washable art supplies.) "Look at me!" she said again, "fingerpainting!" She was so cute standing there, so happy with herself, I figured the damage was already done and I couldn't scold her for it. (Okay, yes, I'm somewhat of a softie all right?) Instead I just helped her into her art smock, moved her creativity out onto the balcony, wiped up the mess and then resolved to keep the fingerpaints in a more toddler-proof spot in the future.

1 comment:

Ranni said...

I've found (I'm a mom to 4) that toothpaste often gets crayon off painted walls. I have one who was a 'monkey' and seemed destined to prove there was no such thing as a toddler proof place, no matter how high or secure I thought it was. Good luck with that, lol. My kids are ages 8-18 now. Your blog has definately made me smile.