Wednesday, June 14, 2006

Snack Time

Today when it was time for her snack I called Bree to “Come here.” She was around the corner and said to me “Hold on a second!” (A new phrase for her, which of course, made me smile.) And, sure enough in just a second she came over and settled down to eat her snack, peanut butter on wheat bread and apple slices. After a minute she turned to me and told me she needed “dip” for her apples. She usually means ketchup when she says dip, but, thinking this time she must mean peanut butter I added an extra dollop of that to her plate. But, she still insisted she needed “dip” and this time I understood she wanted ketchup with her apple slices. So, we both headed over to the fridge to get the ketchup out. When I opened the door, there on the second shelf was one of her little rubber duckies where she had sneaked him in unbeknownst (that’s a word right?) to me the last time I had opened the fridge in her presence. Bree said “Rubber Ducky, what are you doing?” She grabbed him up and observed “Rubber Ducky, so cold!” Then she and rubber ducky proceeded to eat their apples in ketchup dip quite happily.

No comments: