Monday, June 05, 2006

Shoe Conversation and The Big Slide

The other day Brianna and I had our first whole conversation in complete sentences. She wanted to go to the park and said, "Mom, where are my brown shoes?" "I don't know, I think they're in your room," I told her. So, she ran in there and I heard her yell "I found them! There they are. Too high Mom!" (They were up at the top of her dresser.) (Ok, all right that last sentence wasn't really a whole sentence but give the kid a break, she's only 2!)

Well, once we got the shoes on we headed off to the park. We went to a new park this time and it had a really tall slide. Of course, Brianna wanted to go down that one first. She has no fear, but I do. It was really, really tall and I didn't want her to go down alone so I climbed up there with her..much to the dismay of the 6 year old in line behind me. Well, we got up there and went down, Bree with a big smile on her face. Once we were at the bottom Brianna immediately got back in line. I managed to convince her we should try the smaller slides though and we played for a while longer. When it was time to go Bree started waving and saying goodbye to the park and everything in sight. (A little ritual that helps her leave without throwing a fit.) So, one by one she named each park plaything "Goodbye park, bye swings, bye red slide, bye blue slide, bye kids, bye bikes..."

No comments: