Tuesday, June 06, 2006

Wake Up! Good Night.

We never quite know how Brianna will wake up in the mornings. Sometimes she'll scream or cry, other times she'll play quietly for awhile, talking to her stuffed animals in bed. Today she woke up and yelled "Mom, where are you?" (Yeah, we don't use alarm clocks at our house.) So started our day.

Then around noon I was getting ready to make lunch when Bree marched into her room and declared "bed!" "Are you sure?" I asked her, "I'm making lunch right now, don't you want some lunch?" But she pointed to her crib and said again firmly, "bed!" I was shocked, she never just puts herself to bed! But, who was I to argue? I laid her down but as I was closing the door she couldn't find her little sippy cup of water. "Where's water?" she yelled. So, I came back into the room and showed her it was right there. She rolled over, gripping her cup and said "Thank you Mom. Night night," and promptly fell asleep. I left the room shaking my head.

We put Bree to bed early tonight since we are waking her up super early for a flight tomorrow. Of course, we still had to go through the same bedtime routine to get her to go down. Bath, PJ's, reading books, then prayer. Tonight when we prayed we made a special request for a safe trip and Brianna's additions included "Thank you for bubbles, bless the potty, bless Grammy, bless other Grammy..." After prayers we tucked her in and gave her kisses and started to leave the room. Usually at this point we have to just ignore the requests she's yelling out for one more kiss or another prayer or we'd be there all night. Tonight as we were backing towards the door she was saying "Daddy, kiss toes!" "Kiss your own toes," he told her "Go to sleep." But, he didn't get away with that one. Bree yelled "Daddy, get back here!" So, he went in and kissed the royal toes and after that the princess fell asleep without protestation.

No comments: