Friday, June 02, 2006

Pop A Back Please??

Brianna is small for her age. But even so, I get tired hauling her all around when she feels like being carried, it makes my back hurt some days if I end up holding her a lot. On these kinds of days if her daddy is with us, I'll say, "Can Daddy hold you?" to her and then to Travis, "Can you hold her, my back hurts!" Well, when we went for a walk today while Daddy was at work she wanted to be held. So, I picked her up and kept going. She was saying something to me that I couldn't quite make out but then on the third time she said it I realized she was saying "Mom, back hurt?" It actally made me feel kind of bad that I had said it enough she thinks I don't ever want to carry her...

When our backs hurt, Travis and I are in the habit of popping each other's backs. To do this, one of us lays face down on the floor while the other one uses the heels of their hands to push along either side of the spine. This activity, like everything else we do in front of her, did not go unnoticed by Brianna. Today after her daddy got home she was laying face down on the floor going "Pop a back please?" So, we each took turns "popping" her back. (We really just massaged it a little, but it made her happy anyways.)

No comments: