Saturday, June 17, 2006

A Beetle Appetizer

Today while playing out on the balcony Brianna found a little black beetle crawling on the floor. She was so excited! She picked it up and carried it over to show her daddy and then decided the beetle was her new best friend. Pretty soon she had gotten a piece of white paper and was setting the beetle down on it, watching him crawl across it with great interest. Well, the next thing we knew Bree was standing at the coffee table with her white paper in front of her, sticking her tongue out and making a sort of gag noise. “Hey, are you okay?” I asked her. “Where’d he go?” she said, holding her palms up. While she wiped at her tongue with her hand I realized that she’s asking where the beetle was and I had a sneaking suspicion where he went too. “Did you eat him?” I asked her. “Where’d he go?” she asked again. “Well, I think he’s in your tummy now,” I told her very calmly. Oh well, I guess a little extra protein never hurts right?

No comments: