Saturday, June 03, 2006

Positive Vibes

Inevitably since she's a toddler, we end up telling Brianna "No," or some other version of it, quite often each day. So, in order to counter balance the negativity of saying "No," we also try to catch her being good and compliment her. To do this we often say "Good Job, Very Nice," or "Very good!" In her usual manner she's managed to turn the tables and use our own words on us. Now, when she sees Mommy or Daddy doing something she thinks is nice she'll tell us so. Take today when we were blowing bubbles on the patio. After I tried to blow a bubble and had it break right away she instructed me "too hard," implying I was blowing too hard. (I actually had just told her this when she had tried to blow bubbles a few minutes earlier..) I dipped the stick in the bubble solution and tried again and got a nice row of bubbles going. Bree smiled and said "Very good Mom!"

No comments: