Tuesday, June 20, 2006

Phone Skills

Since all of Brianna’s relatives live out of state she ends up talking to them on the phone quite frequently. I think she actually has pretty good phone skills for a two year old, but still, the conversations usually end up pretty one-sided. Bree mostly listens and then makes random comments that for the most part have nothing to do with what the person on the other end is saying. Since I only hear her side of it, it’s kind of amusing for me. For example, here’s how her phone “conversation” with her grammy went the other day:

“Hi Grammy! Grammy, watching TV. Grammy, poking kitty’s eye. (Which, she actually was doing.) Grammy, other side! (Switching to her other ear) Hi Grammy! Grammy other side. (Switching to her other ear) Hi Grammy! Grammy wake up! Hi Grammy! Grammy, room, see? Grammy? Hi Grammy! Grammy, outside (meaning “I’m outside”)! See geese Grammy. …”

And so on. She tends to wander around while she’s talking on the phone and make observations about things and “point” things out to the other person as if they can see them as well. Also, she will keep saying hi to the person every so often just to see if they’re still there and paying attention I guess. Then sometimes she just feels done and either leaves the phone sitting on the floor or a table, or she’ll say “Daddy’s turn” and hand him the phone. Of course, if one of us asks her if it’s Mommy or Daddy’s turn she’ll say “No, ‘Ranna’s turn!”

2 comments:

Jill said...

She's beautiful. :) I love the bubbles photo especially.

(Hope you don't mind the comment. I was using the Next Blog function to see who my neighbors were today. Couldn't help but leave a comment.)

She's a total doll. :)

Unknown said...

I never mind comments! Especially ones about how pretty my baby is! :) Thank you..we think she's pretty cute as well.