Wednesday, June 28, 2006

More Bedside Fun

Okay, I admit that I actually spent most of today on the computer returning e-mails, and working on documents for my Mom's Group website. (Which means tomorrow I'm swearing it off and spending some major quality Mom time to make up for it.) But, Brianna, her daddy, and I did manage to have a few quiet moments before bedtime tonight. Bree picked out a book about the jungle and we were reading along when she suddenly pointed out "Look, is that a 'mingo(flamingo)?" And sure enough, it was. We were surprised because neither one of us could remember ever discussing or pointing out "mingo's" to her before. (Except, maybe at the zoo?) So for the rest of that book she was stuck on finding and pointing out 'mingos. After the jungle book we read a Garfield book. When we got to the end Bree said "Silly Garfee!" and insisted she take the book to bed with her. We tucked her into bed with her book, and went through the usual steps, up to the last kiss goodnight. I leaned over, kissed her forehead, and was straightening back up when I was stopped by the demand "No, kiss my cheek!" and a chubby finger was pointing to the exact spot. So, I kissed the spot as ordered. Satisfied with getting the last word of the day in, again, she said "Nite, nite," and Travis and I sneaked out of the room, happy to let her drift off to sleep with the illusion of having the upper hand.

No comments: