Saturday, June 03, 2006

Socket To Me

Like most kids her age, Bree hates to have her hair washed. She loves the part where we add soap to her hair and get all foamy, right up until we have to wash it off that is. Then she fusses and cries and insists that her eyes hurt, even though we use a "no more tears" shampoo. So, the other day I tried something new. I rediscovered a bathtime hand puppet made of terry cloth. (Actually, I think someone gave it to us at the baby shower before she was born but it's been lost in the closet all this time.) At bath time I wore the hand puppet, (who's supposed to be a pink hippo I think), and had it soap up her hair and then pour water over her head. She thought it was pretty fun but she still fussed about washing the soap off. As usual, to help her recover from the trauma of having water on her head and running on her face, I used a wash cloth to wipe her eyes. Only, this time I used the hand puppet since it was made of wash cloth material. Brianna stopped her fussing, looked at the puppet and said "Thank you socket!" (Short for sock puppet, like on Blues Clues.)

No comments: