Sunday, June 25, 2006

One Spicy Girl

I can never tell with Bree if it's going to be a day that she eats well or just picks at her food all day. She is on the small side for her age but the doctor says that's probably her genetics and isn't worried about it at all. On my part I feel like I'm always jumping through flaming hoops trying to get Brianna to eat all the appropriate servings of veggies, fruit, dairy, meat, and grains she needs each day. I guess this is all pretty typical for the toddler years but sometimes Bree manages to surprise us with the untypical food she decides she likes. Her latest odd favorites are green olives and also banana peppers. She tried the banana peppers the other day when we ate at Quizno's. Travis and I were adding the peppers to our sandwiches when Bree insisted she wanted to try one. We warned her they were hot but she still wanted to taste one. (Actually banana peppers are pretty mild.) Well, she tried one and loved it..she wanted to eat them like candy. She said "Mmm...spicy!" So I told her "Yes, they're spicy, they're hot!" To which she replied, "Ranna likes spicy!"

No comments: