Tuesday, August 15, 2006

Mouths of Babes Addendum

I guess this is just a day for "back-blogging." Not only am I posting pix from the zoo from a few days ago I want to add on to my little anecdote about going to church as well.

I realized as I was talking to my mom on the phone about the whole going to church story that I had managed to forget to tell half the story, and the funny parts too! (Yes, we actually sometimes discuss the blog posts on the phone after she's read them. What?)

Well, as I wrote, Saturday night after Bree heard her daddy and I trying to decide if we were going to church or not she got all excited about going, mostly because she would get to wear her pantyhose. The trouble came the next morning when I was trying to get her dressed and ready to go. I got her shirt on, then her pantyhose and was about to put her skirt on when she just flipped out. She didn't want to put her skirt on over her pretty pantyhose so she ran through the house going "No! No wearing a skirt, no!" And I mean, this was a full-blown tantrum not just a little resistance either. She liked her pantyhose so well that she was seriously trying to convince me she should get to go to church in only her shirt and hose. (I guess when I sat down to write that evening I didn't remember this part as very funny..but actually in retrospect it is...kind of...if you werent there.) Well, I finally conviced Bree to put on a jumper over her shirt which she liked better since she could see more of her pantyhose than with the skirt.

So, we went to church and Brianna had a great time in Sunday School. In fact when we went to pick her up we found her wedged into a tiny corner of the room, happily playing with a toy she didn't want to share! But, they told us she was a good girl and on the way home she sang a new song she must have learned while she was there. I couldn't quite make it out but it was something about days of the week maybe? All I know is the whole ride home she was mumbling a song and then going "SUNDAY!" :)

No comments: